Thank you for your interest in Fairport Public Library and welcome to our website. It contains helpful information about our company, services, resources, and people. We are constantly updating our content and striving to make it as accessible as possible.
If you’re having difficulty using our website, please feel free to call us at 585-223-9091. We’ll do our best to deliver the information to you in other ways, according to your needs and interests.
How we make our website more accessible for those with disabilities:
Fairport Public Library is committed to providing a website that is accessible to all audiences. We strive to provide a website consistent with level A and AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
- Our website uses uniform navigation and clear headings throughout. Content layout and design are consistent on every page.
- Images with Alternative Text: Photographs and other relevant images on the site are accompanied by alternative text (the ALT tag.) Alt tags provide a written description of the image, which is accessible to screen readers.
- Relative Font Sizing: Relative font size can be enlarged using magnification tools or by changing your browser settings.
- Responsive Design: We’ve programmed our website so that the width of our pages changes and adapts to the width of your browser. This is more noticeable if you have a large screen and/or use high resolution for your monitor.
- Accessible Via Mouse or Keyboard: You can use the mouse or keyboard to navigate through our content. The tab key will move the cursor from link to link.
Statement of Inclusivity
Diversity is a fundamental value of Fairport Public Library. It is the goal of Fairport Public Library to create an environment that appreciates, acknowledges, encourages, and celebrates differences by functioning and communicating effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, creed, mental/physical disabilities, and cultural backgrounds. The Fairport Public Library values and provides services to everyone regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, or sexual orientation. The Fairport Public Library creates and maintains a working environment that embraces diversity among employees and strives to deliver inclusive service to its staff and the community. We believe libraries are for everyone.